Our client is a developer of high-tech instrumentation and mechanical systems and seeks to employ a suitably qualified Mechanical Engineer to join their professional team.
For the position you would be required to have:
- B. Eng/ B. Sc in Mechanical ESSENTIAL
- Around 10 years’ experience in a high technology design and development environment with detailed fine mechanics experience
- Proficient in CAD, preferably Siemens NX
- Stress analysis from first principles and FEA
- FMECA or equivalent risk assessment technique
- Solid experience in systems engineering processes and configuration control
- Experience with Siemens PLM
- Experience with ZEMAX
- Experience in opto-mechanical design, handling, alignment, integration, assembly and testing
Responsibilities would include you to:
- Analysis, design, and development of advanced multidisciplinary systems using systems engineering processes.
- Perform opto-mechanical engineering of advanced instrumentation and test equipment.
- Lead conceptual designs.
- Improve on standards and best practices in the mechanical area of expertise.
- Perform quality control of work through appropriate mechanical design reviews.
- Perform project management duties on assigned projects.
- Support configuration management plans.
- Participate in developing SOPs
- Participate in budget planning for operations, projects, and asset renewal.
- Participate in risk assessments (FMECA).
- Support human capital development of the mechanical team through training, knowledge transfer and mentorship.
This is a senior role and a remuneration package commensurate with experience is on offer
Please apply online or contact Jan van Dyk on 021 – 531 2015 for more information