SENIOR IT PROJECT ENGINEER
Our Client is a leading international ICT provider (UK based) with a well-established South African presence, and they are looking for a capable Project Engineer. The South African office is based in Century City Cape Town
The primary purpose of the Projects Engineer is the efficient installation and implementation of all appropriate solution offerings. The Projects Engineer will also be responsible for all onsite/remote support for all ongoing solution implementations up until handover to the service desk team.
The Projects Engineer is also responsible to monitor and communicate and update clients via communication platforms regarding issues that might be experienced during a solution roll out in order to ensure customers receive the best possible service experience. Their main focus and priority is completing all solution roll outs within the relevant deadlines provided.
- 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Earlier background must include hands on technical support, implementation and maintenance experience associated with setting up infrastructure including but not limited to;
- Configuring Microsoft Exchange Server,
- Configuring Microsoft SharePoint,
- Configuring Windows Server Active Directory,
- Networking (LAN, WAN & SAN); Infrastructure capacity planning; UPS, backup systems, telephony etc. for MS Office/365, Linux, Google suite etc.
Typical educational development would include IT System Support Engineer (MCITP, MCTS) or similar; MCSE; Project Management (MS Project, Prince 2; PMBOK)
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
General Operational Duties
- Implementation of new solutions
- Complete all solution tasks assigned within provided deadline
- Attend to implementation issues and resolve in a timeous fashion
- Log all time for the assigned solutions tasks
Communication and Monitoring
- Update assigned tasks accurately
- Daily communication to projects team on daily work performed.
- Monitor communication channels for any issues that might occur during solution roll out
- Communicate to relevant stake holders experience during rollout
- Communicate to relevant stake holders while resolving issues
- Implement solution as set out per project template
- Complete implementation according to best practice
- Complete assigned tasks within deadline
- Capture all newly installed hardware information
Client Issue Resolution
- Resolve any issues logged via current communication channels in a timeous fashion