Senior Business Analyst (Finance)
Our client is a leading National retailer with its Information Technology and Operational headquarters established in Cape Town. They are looking to appoint an experienced Senior Business Analyst with a background in financial administration and solid SAP FI experience coupled with a sharp eye for ensuring that efficient and cost effective business solutions and processes are in place to address business needs and requirements.
You’ll be expected to understand the current business environment and industry trends and work with user departments in the identification and documentation of user requirements as well as propose and document process improvements where appropriate.
The role also involves working closely with System Analysts and Project Managers to design and implement solutions while providing input on alternatives presented by the technical designers and answering detailed questions regarding the business solution design.
Delivery of required solutions will likely include:
- Researching, documenting and preparing business cases on appropriate technologies, which will align with the business strategies of the organisation
- Defining scope of solution and ensuring understanding of scope by business users
- Reviewing technical solutions and “As Is” business processes against business requirement specification
- Documenting and evaluating required data and information while facilitating and co-ordinating User Acceptance Testing
- Understand, document and escalate project risks
- Liaise with other project areas to co-ordinate interdependencies and resolve issues
As Senior BA you will also fulfil a role as Mentor/Coach to junior and intermediate BA’s within the stream and manage BA workload, KPA/KPI monitoring and BA leave, overtime, etc.
Essential: 3 year Financial Degree/Diploma
Desirable: FTI Diploma
5+ years’ Business analysis in Finance
5+ years’ ERP systems
2-3 years Retail industry
SAP FI experience
S/4 Hana experience (Desirable)
Knowledge and Skills (Essential)
- Formal training in business analysis and design methodologies
- Participation in projects
- Solid track record in successful delivery of IT system solutions as BA
- Experience in a global business environment is preferred
- Business understanding of the broader retail industry will be advantageous.
On offer is a very competitive reward package and exposure to working in an exciting and demanding retail business environment.
To discuss the role, contact Allan Pike on 021 531 2015 and please apply directly via the online link associated with this opportunity before COB on 29 March 2021.