Our client is a leading National retailer with its IT and Operational headquarters established in Cape Town. They have an opportunity for a senior visionary who will translate business requirements into technology requirements and define data standards and principles.
Your primary objective will be to create a common understanding of the businesses’ information and data assets that allows stakeholders to identify business improvement opportunities and identify business-IT misalignment by developing an integrated view of the enterprise’s data and information, using an appropriate Information and Data Architecture Framework. This includes the definition of key business data objects, information assets and data entities, and building and maintaining associated information & data architecture models for the enterprise.
- Define and continuously improve the information and data architecture framework and modelling standards:
- Define a structured Information and Data architecture approach and methodology for capturing the key views of the enterprise.
- Align the information and data architecture framework in support of the enterprise and regulatory information governance needs such as Information Security, Enterprise Information Management, POPI, PCI, etc.
- Identify, define, and communicate standards, guidelines, formats, meta-models, policies, best practices, and governance practices for Information and Data architectures and designs.
- Ensure that the Information and Data architecture approach integrates into the methodologies and processes of the rest of the Enterprise Architecture team.
- Define and create enterprise-level information and data architecture models that enable and facilitate analysis and clarity of the business strategy, goals, and priorities:
- Identify common information and data that is shared across the enterprise and participate in the enterprise-wide efforts to reach common understanding of those information and data concepts and ownership.
- Create standard enterprise reference architecture models for common information and data (Information Reference Model, Data Reference Model, and Integration Reference Model).
- This covers concepts such as an Enterprise Canonical Data Model, Master Data Management, Operational Data Stores, Data Warehouses, Relational Databases, data flow diagrams, data integration patterns, data dictionaries, key data usage patterns, etc.
- Collaborate with the Business and Application architects and Information and Data management stakeholders to ensure overall alignment of the Information & Data Architecture with their requirements.
- Define and create solution level information and data architecture models that enable specific business requirements:
- Define the business information flows and data lifecycles related to business processes.
- Define the data entities and data integration requirements for data that is shared across applications.
- Coordinate with system analysts, development teams, and DBAs to ensure the creation of physical database and optimal implementation of the data models/database design.
- Ensure the integrity and quality of information and data architecture outputs by executing the required governance and quality control within IT and business:
- Define information and data architecture governance processes and quality compliance criteria.
- Perform quality assurance checks on Information and Data Architectures and Designs and enforce quality compliance criteria to set policies and standards.
- Perform quality checks on existing Information and Data Architectures and Designs to identify potential business risks area and make re-engineering recommendations.
- Ensure Information and Data security conforms to Information Security Governance policies and standards.
- Educate stakeholders and provide subject matter expertise in the use of information and data architecture methodologies, standards, and tools to all stakeholders.
- Provide technical leadership for developing and maintaining the Information and Data architecture for the enterprise.
Degree in Information Systems / BSc. Comp. Science (or similar) required.
- 10 + years' IT industry experience
- 5 + years’ Leadership role in an Information and Data analysis environment
- 5 + years’ experience with IT projects from an Information and Data architecture and design perspective (SDLC)
- 2 - 3 years Demonstrable knowledge of Information and Data Architectures and familiarity with various architecture viewpoints (business, applications, data, and technology architectures) is required.
- 5 + years Proven experience creating enterprise information and data models incorporating all layers of enterprise data architecture (Canonical modelling, TDS, ODS, EDW, Data Marts, Business Intelligence, Data Quality, Meta-data, Master Data, Reference Data, Data Access and provisioning, Data Security, Data Governance, SOA) and a thorough knowledge of the data requirements of these systems.
- 2 - 3 years’ experience in solution architectures, system analysis & design, data modelling and application development methodologies. Delivery of Information and Data requirements for business blueprints.
- 10 + years' proven experience in transactional data modelling (Normalisation), dimensional modelling (Star & Snowflake Schema), and object-oriented modelling 3+ years’ experience in implementing, using, and administering EA tools and EA meta-model definition (ARIS Preferable/ or Sparx Enterprise Architect)
- 5 + years logical and physical data modelling with data modelling tools and database design in complex, large-scale data environments
- 3+ years Strong leadership skills to indirectly manage cross-functional teams toward common solutions
- 5+ years Retail industry experience preferred
This is a senior role with a reward package designed to attract a highly competent Data Architect for the role. To discuss this opportunity please contact Allan Pike on 021 531 2015 and please submit your CV via the online process link associated with this opportunity.