This is an exciting opportunity for a focused professional who is looking to take responsibility and make a difference, in a hugely competitive business environment.
Our client has been in the trade and supply chain business for more than 30 years and are embarking on a rapid growth campaign to meet the needs of the significant growth in client business requirements. Our client is looking to hire a Letter of Credit (LC) Manager to join the team. This position may lead to opportunities for overseas relocation as the company fulfils its growth strategy.
The LC Manager is primarily responsible for handling the Company’s export letters-of-credit (LC, LOC) portfolios and customer credit risk management activities.
This position requires an individual with in-depth knowledge of export Letters of Credit technical terms and conditions, and the ability to analyse financial balance sheet, income, and cashflow statements.
- Handle export letters of credit end-to-end process from sales contract/LC draft review to shipment to cash collections
- Enforce corporate standard LC terms and procedures for optimal risk management and control (balance risk-reward)
- Review sales contract’s terms and provide LC requirements feedback to Sales, Legal and Finance to incorporate into sales contract and customer deal negotiation
- Partner with Sales, Order Management, Legal, Finance to resolve LC issues and remove shipment-revenue obstacles
- Assemble LC shipping documents from business units and present documents to bank for payment
- Assist in executing LC discounting transactions with bank
- Maintain and update LC Tracker, LC policy/procedures and bank agreements
- Manage relationship with LC bank and third-party provider
- Provide periodic LC training to functional stakeholders in Sales, Finance, Legal, Order Management
- Support other Treasury, Finance or Company-wide initiatives as required
- Bachelor's Degree
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Prior experience working in one or other ERP system is a benefit