Solution Architect (Finance)
Our client is a leading National retailer with its IT and Operational headquarters established in Cape Town.
They are looking to appoint a Finance Solution Architect who will be responsible for strategically advising and shaping requirements in financial management and accounting solutions, covering financial planning and analysis, accounting and financial close, etc. The Solutions Architect creates high quality data, application and technology architectures in support of the business requirements and leads the realisation of the design into the final solution implementation.
We are looking for someone with a good mix of technical and business skills coupled with significant people and process skills all supported by deep subject matter knowledge of general finance solutions including S/4 Hana and technical knowledge of SAP ERP architectures as applicable to the Retail business domain.
Functional objectives of the role will include, inter alia, the following:
- Defining and continuously improving the finance architecture framework and solution architecture modelling standards:
- Architect the next-generation finance framework developed on a group of core technologies.
- Align to the enterprise data reference architecture in support of the enterprise and regulatory information governance needs such as Information Security, Enterprise Information Management, POPI, PCI, etc.
- Stay abreast of best practices and / or new developments in finance and related disciplines and drive adoption as deemed appropriate.
- Analyse business requirements and create related finance architectures and designs for the baseline (“as is”) and target (“to be”) solution architectures. Define finance architecture governance processes and quality compliance criteria.
- Perform quality checks on existing finance architectures and designs to identify potential business risks areas and make re-engineering recommendations.
- Ensure finance security conforms to Information Security Governance policies and standards.
- Provide architectural oversight and guidance to development teams to ensure high-quality technical solution designs during the detailed design, build, test and deploy phases that conforms to architecture principles and standards.
- Define and develop the overall finance architecture landscape in partnership with the Domain Architect, Data Analytics team and other Solution Architects.
- Give guidance and advice to peers in respect to finance solution designs ensuring the designs conform to industry best practices and standards
Minimum education and experience requirements include:
- Degree in Information Systems (BSc Computer Science or similar)
- 7 - 10 years working experience within the IT industry
- 5 - 10 years working experience in SAP with at least 5 project lifecycles
- 5 + years’ experience with all aspects of IT projects from business analysis, architecture, system analysis and design through development, testing, implementation, and production support (SDLC)
- 5+ years demonstrated expertise in a variety of application development methodologies and practices.
- 2 - 3 years leading a team through an architectural development process and collaborate with application development teams, architects and other members of the software development team.
- 2 -3 years’ experience with current research and standards in Solution Architecture.
Technical knowledge and skill requirements include:
- Architecture and solution design (UML, OO, SOA, etc.) desirable S/W frameworks and methodologies (Agile, TOGAF, etc.)
- Solid track record in successful delivery solution architecture
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and logical skills
- Understanding of SAP Financial applications: SAP Finance, Controlling; S/4 HANA; SAP HANA; SAP BPC; GRC (Group Risk and Compliance)
- Understanding of financial solutions in a non-SAP environment
On offer is an attractive reward package and an exciting, progressive and driven work environment. To discuss this opportunity further, please contact Allan Pike on 021 531 2015. Please make application directly online before COB on 12 February 2021.