Our client is a Cape Town based production company that has been a leading manufacturer of skilfully produced fine mechanical components that make up high precision engineered clockwork mechanisms.
They have an opening for a Quality Assurance Manager which they regard as a critically important role. Reporting to General Manager, you will be responsible for formulating and maintaining policy and procedures in this regard, ensuring that all products and services meet quality standards.
The production processes are very tightly controlled which calls for someone whose QA knowledge and experience that includes working with:
- SANS ISO 9001:2015, SANS ISO 14001:2004 and SANS ISO 18001:2011
- Quality System Auditing
- Statistical process control
- FMECA’s and flow charts
- Relevant Control plans, job instructions / Procedures
- The Labour act, OHSA and Regulations which may affect the company
Some of the main tasks and responsibilities associated with this role include:
- Hands-on management of all QA related aspects throughout the company, coupled with the coordination and guidance on all safety, health and environmental matters
- Ensure Legal Compliance and conformance to all SHE systems in accordance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and regulations (85 of 1993)
- Assess customer requirements and ensure that these are met
- Drive continuous improvement in all aspects (product, process) in order to achieve world class quality standards
- Determine training needs and work to maintain company’s quality, environment and safety certifications
- Liaise with auditors on system and process audits (i.e. ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 or any other system as applicable within the company)
- Work with operating staff to establish procedures, standards, systems
- Maintain quality system manuals and procedures
- Establish and control budget; report on budget expenditure
- Set up goals and objectives for department and employees
- Create/improve a structured supplier development process and methodology
- Analyse customer returns and plant rejects and contribute to the problem solving process
We’re looking for someone with a high level of integrity and a natural communicator whose background includes:
- A tertiary qualification in Mechanical Engineering (BTech; HND; BEng; BSc)
- Understanding the application of critical limits for both linear and geometric dimensions
- Quality Assurance Diploma
- Experience with SANS ISO 9001 / SANS 14001 & SANS OHSAS 18001.
- Previous experience in an explosives environment would be highly advantageous.
- Min. 7 years’ experience within Quality Assurance in an Engineering environment, of which 5 years within a managerial role.
- Proven results of system implementation.
- Ideally with experience within a high-volume manufacturing environment.
On offer is an opportunity to work in a well-controlled high precision production environment with an attractive remuneration package negotiable for the right person.
Please apply via the online process before 27 November 2019 and for any specific questions around this opportunity you are welcome to contact Allan Pike on 021 531 2015.