Our client is a leading manufacturer and supplier of packaging solutions used across diverse FMCG industries including food & beverage; home and personal care products and have achieved internationally recognised certifications for quality and compliance.
They have this exceptional opportunity for a highly capable and energetic manufacturing business leader with 8-10 years senior/general management experience looking after all aspects of a mid-size business that includes finance, production, quality, sales and logistics/distribution operations.
Responsibility associated with this appointment is for the entire management and profitability of one of the Divisions of the company based in Johannesburg. Reporting to the Regional Director, you will be responsible for among other things:
- Commercial and financial management of the particular Division in Gauteng;
- Accountability for managing the Division in accordance with good corporate governance standards and principles;
- In conjunction with various stakeholders, the development of strategic and operational management plans to grow the Division;
- Developing sound multi-level relationships with all key customers to support the growth of the Division;
- Ensuring a consistent and professional brand image for the Division, focussed on delivering a high quality product and service to the customer;
- Ensuring that all entrusted Business Units achieve production efficiencies and standards of quality associated with the brand, and that raw material wastage levels are maintained below agreed targets;
- Making sure that the short, medium and long term maintenance and service of machinery and moulds supports the achievement of stated quality and wastage standards.
We’re looking for someone with a strong financial, commercial and operational bias with experience in sales and preferably supported by a CA (SA) qualification and also a post graduate tertiary management qualification.
This is an important role within the substantial operations of our client’s national business operation and as a consequence our client will negotiate a reward package sufficient to attract an exceptional talent for the appointment.
Please apply via the online CV submission process or to discuss the post, you are welcome to call Allan Pike on 021 531 2015 / 083 259 1782.