A global company specializing in telecoms and infrastructure is seeking a sales/account manager. A working knowledge and experience selling complex technology solutions such as Networking, Data center and Cloud to large enterprise customers is required. The large enterprises will be in the finance or oil and gas industry. This is a fixed term contract (2-3 years) with the possibility of renewal. The role will be based in Cape Town.
Senior sales/account Manager will be mainly responsible for improving organization’s market position and achieves financial growth.
- Define long-term organizational strategic goals, builds key customer relationships, identifies business opportunities, negotiates and closes business deals and maintains extensive knowledge of current market conditions.
- Work with the internal team, marketing staff, and other managers to increase sales opportunities and thereby maximize revenue for the organization.
- Find potential new customers, present to them, ultimately convert them into clients, and continue to grow business in the future.
- Help manage existing clients and ensure they stay satisfied and positive. make presentations on solutions and services that meet or predict their clients’ future needs
Job Specific Requirements
- Develop New Business and maintenance of strategic business relationships with customers on all levels
- Utilize strategic best practice sales methodologies to ensure that appointments and new business opportunities convert to new business sales.
- Analyse the Client’s situation and Business requirements through awareness, empathy and good questioning and through ability to influence.
- Influence and work closely with Vendors, Partners and internal employees, namely the COO, Heads of Projects, Project Managers, Business Development Executive
- Locates or proposes potential business deals by contacting potential partners; discovering and exploring opportunities
- Screens potential business deals by analyzing market strategies, deal requirements, potential, and financials; evaluating options; resolving internal priorities; recommending equity investments
- Closes new business deals by coordinating requirements; developing and negotiating contracts; integrating contract requirements with business Operations
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
- Present new products and services and enhance existing relationships
- Work with technical staff and other internal colleagues to meet customer needs
- Arrange and participate in internal and external client debriefs
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators
Skills and Competencies:
- Effective communications skills
- Persuasive and Presentation skills
- Proven ability to work in a team
- Must be able to work in a structured manner
- Developed problem solving abilities
- Ability to multi task
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Business Management, Marketing, ICT or related qualification will be an advantage
At least 8 years sales experience in account and channel; At least 3 years sales experience in Finance or Oil & Gas accounts, within the ICT industry with the proven successful track record
- Local Sales, Channel and management experience in western cape is preferred
- Working knowledge and experience selling complex technology solutions such as Networking，Data center and Cloud to large enterprise customers
- Proven business development experience and ability to meet target
- Proven track record in sales, business development and winning new business
- Proven track record of increasing revenue through generating of leads