Senior Business Analyst - eCommerce
A fast-paced role where the ability to prioritise and effectively communicate is critical.
Our client is a leading National retailer with its IT and Operational headquarters established in Cape Town. They are looking to appoint a senior Business Analyst with a sound understanding of eCommerce strategies that underpin business solutions.
In this role you will be expected to work closely with the business stakeholders and delivery teams to realize the roadmap into the target state. You should be well informed and knowledgeable of industry best practices supported by a strong background and experience with eCommerce, and accustomed to serving as liaison between all areas of the business.
Objectives of the position:
- Serve as the eCommerce Business Analyst and subject matter expert for all project and operational stakeholders:
- Develop and maintain an understanding of the strategy and business priorities for eCommerce management in the enterprise.
- Assist with requirements definition and input to eCommerce solutions, proposals, and RFIs.
- Identify and recommend improvements to UI/UX components and business processes.
- Collaborate with Business Analysts across domains to identify impacts and synergies.
- Provide guidance to creative and development teams to ensure that stakeholder needs are met during the detailed design, build, test and deploy phases or if an agile methodology is adopted through the various Sprints.
- Information seeking and analysis:
- Work with business stakeholders to understand the business need behind initiatives in order to create user stories and acceptance criteria for delivery to your designers, developers, and testers.
- Lead and facilitate requirements gathering, documentation, and refinement meetings with business and technical stakeholders.
- Take all inputs provided, making sense of them, and present them back in a way that provides clarity on the subject at hand.
- Create business process flow diagrams to help illustrate complex requirements and concepts.
- Identify and resolve gaps between new and existing business processes and applications.
- Collaborate closely with Business Stakeholders, Architects, Designers, and Delivery Teams to design solutions that will meet the needs of the business.
- Be the subject matter expert for your teams
- Delivery of solutions:
- Collaborate closely with UI Designers, Functional Analysts, Developers, and Testers to deliver eCommerce solutions.
- Facilitate the prioritization of the requirements process to maximize business benefit and development team utilization.
- Work with QA to validate that the intent of the user stories was accurately developed and work with developers to remediate any misunderstandings.
- Own user acceptance testing of application releases.
- Assist our trainers with the creation of training documentation for knowledge transfer to end-users and stakeholders on new features.
- Support tracking of bugs/enhancements/features as part of the change management process.
Bachelor Degree in Business Analytics / Information Systems / Business Management; or FTI Diploma or equivalent qualification in Business Analysis, Informatics, Computer Science or Programming.
- 5+ Years working experience within the IT industry
- 5+ Years’ experience with all aspects of IT projects from creative, business analysis, architectures, system analysis and design through development, testing, implementation, and production support (SDLC).
- 5+ Years as a Business Analyst with eCommerce platforms experience.
- 5+ Years Business Analysis Techniques (IT)
- 5+ Years Business Process Management
- 5+ Years Business Requirements Writing
Knowledge and Skills
- Commercial and business understanding of the broader eCommerce and retail services industry
- Outstanding presentation and interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact effectively with senior management and 3rd party business partners.
- Software development frameworks and methodologies (Agile, Scrum etc.)
On offer is an attractive rewards package coupled with an employment career within a dynamic and challenging retail industry business environment.
To discuss the opportunity, please contact Allan Pike on 021 531 2015. Please let us have your application ASAP (before 8 March ’21) by applying directly via the online link associated with this post.