BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
We’re looking for a flexible and versatile Business Development Manager who will be
responsible for the marketing and growth of our dynamic business.
Your main responsibilities include tracking and analysing the performance of
advertising/marketing campaigns, managing the marketing budget and ensuring that all
marketing material is in line with our brand identity. To be successful in this role, you should
have hands-on experience with web analytics tools and be able to turn creative ideas into
effective advertising projects.
Ultimately, you will help us build and maintain a strong and consistent brand through a wide
range of online and offline marketing channels.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Identifying all new business and marketing opportunities available to and within the
business. This includes but is not limited to the following: The Rockwell Hotel, The
Rockwell Café & Bar, The Urban Garden, The Rockwell Dinner Theatre and The
Rockwell Cellars & Kaapse Stories Dinner show.
o Complete an in-depth business plan for each of the facets of the business,
this must include Target market, Strategy, marketing channels and Goals
• Analysing and establishing potential strategic partner relationships for company
• Reduce the Rockwell hotel’s dependence on “On line booking”
• Creating and developing full media kits and presentations for sales team
• Communicating new product developments to prospective clients
• Manage all Rockwell Communication keeping in line with the corporate identity
• Manage all suppliers for marketing including hosting, design, social media, PMS,
• Create campaigns and Send out mailers.
• Creation and publication of all marketing material in line with marketing plans.
• Planning and implementing promotional campaigns.
• Manage and improve lead generation campaigns, measuring results.
• Overall responsibility for brand management and corporate identity
• Preparing online and print marketing campaigns.
• Monitor and report on effectiveness of marketing communications.
• Creating a wide range of different marketing materials.
• Working closely with graphic designer and assisting with the design process.
• Organize and manage the company year end function and employee awards.
• Create monthly Social media detailed strategies with each post schedule and
description, including blog topics.
• Manage, update and maintain the website.
• Identify new business opportunities - including new markets, growth areas, trends,
customers, products and services
• Respond to all reviews and take appropriate action
• Manage all online marketing including the website, Social media platforms, Google
My business, review platforms
• Understand the needs of your customers and be able to respond effectively with a
plan of how to meet these
• Manage all in-house marketing including the idea-creation, design and
ordering/implementation. (eg: posters, hotel stationary, flyers, in-room marketing,
• Manage the staff uniforms, selecting, ordering and purchasing of new uniforms.
• Manage staff birthdays list, staff uniforms and staff badges using the correct forms
and following procedure.
• Manage the interior “touch and feel” of all facets of the business, heading up any
revamps/ facelifts necessary and in budget.
• Work strategically - carrying out necessary planning in order to implement
• Draw up and manage the business’s terms & Conditions policy, the block out dates
and rate structures
• Have a good understanding of the businesses' services and be able to advise others
• Manage and update the business database with new contacts, sales meeting notes,
rates and communication records
• Discuss promotional strategy and activities with the other department managers
• Seek ways of improving the way the business operates - business optimisation
• Attend seminars, conferences and events where appropriate
• Keep abreast of trends and changes in the business world.
• Negotiate pricing with tour operators
• Provide Weekly reports on what your department is doing and the specials you have
created and present them in HOD meeting.
• Develop strategies and tactics to get the word out about our company and drive
qualified traffic to bums in beds.
• Deploy successful marketing campaigns and own their implementation from ideation
• Experiment with a variety of organic and paid acquisition channels like content
creation, content curation, pay per click campaigns, event management, publicity,
social media, lead generation campaigns, copywriting, performance analysis
• Produce valuable and engaging content for our website and blog that attracts and
converts our target groups
• Build strategic relationships and partner with key industry players, agencies and
• Prepare and monitor the marketing budget on a annual basis and allocate funds
• Oversee and approve marketing material, from website banners to hard copy
brochures and case studies
• Measure and report on the performance of marketing campaigns, gain insight and
assess against goals
• Analyze consumer behavior and adjust email and advertising campaigns accordingly
• Good business sense
• Confident Personality
• A deep understanding of marketing & business principles
• Good communication skills
• A positive attitude
• Negotiation skills
• Tenacity and drive to seek new business and meet or exceed targets
• An excellent telephone manner for making initial contact and for ongoing
communication with customers and business associates
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills - needed for communicating with a
wide range of people, both internally and externally
• Good IT skills, including the use of spreadsheets
• A professional manner and presentable appearance for meeting customers/clients
• Initiative and good decision-making skills
• Project management skills
• The ability to motivate yourself and set your own goals
• Great organisational skills
• The ability to think strategically
• The ability to analyse marketing figures and prepare reports
• Proven experience in identifying target audiences and in creatively devising and
leading across channels marketing campaigns that engage, educate and motivate
• Solid knowledge of website analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics, Google My
business, Google trends, Wordpress)
• Experience in setting up and optimizing Google Adwords campaigns
• Numerically literate, comfortable working with numbers, making sense of metrics and
processing figures with spreadsheets
• A sense of aesthetics and style for the building’s interior design elements.
• Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in online marketing and
• A bachelor’s Degree or in marketing, communication and/or business management
• Own transport and valid driver’s license
• Minimum of 3-4 years’ experience in a similar role
• A valid updated CV