DEPARTMENT: SERVICES CAPE: SPARES & CONSUMABLES
Responsible To/Supervision: Regional Services Manager: Cape
Responsible For/Supervision Exercised: N/A
Job Summary: Responsible for continued sales growth through the implementation and operation of Veolia Water Solutions & Technologies application technology. Attaining specified market area sales goals, maintaining current business accounts and developing new business in an assigned territory through the development, direction, training, and resource utilisation of internal and external supporting staff and maintaining good expense control to keep expenses within budget.
- Identify trends relative to sales and take appropriate action.
- Service and consult to existing clients.
- Satisfy and exceed client’s needs and expectations.
- Maintain and expand existing client base.
- Perform duties within budgetary limits
- Oversee overall sales duties of assigned TSC’s.
- Decide on treatment programs for customers.
- Plan service loads, creating selling time.
- Stock ordering and control.
- Decide on pricing to customers
3. Sales Duties
- Call on key personnel at customers in the area to promote the sale of Veolia Water
Solutions products and services. Establish business and social relationships with customers and prospects
- Provide customers with sales and service experience, and expert application techniques to ensure customer satisfaction by doing surveys of “People, Plant / Process audit, Program Administration Manual, Service plans, and Business Reviews”.
- Call on customer facilities and implement practical application of products and services through a thorough understanding of the customer’s plant and financial operating costs.
- Responsible for the sale and technical service of all Veolia Water Solutions products within the customer base serviced.
- Control personal and/or internal service department requirements/efforts to effectively meet customer requirements.
- Ensure financial control for all client accounts with regards to payment receipts and debtor status. Interpret sales records, identify reasons for losing and gaining customers.
- Entertain clients as required within set budgets.
- Ensure co-ordination of national account efforts with the Chemical General Manager.
- Responsible for conducting sales campaigns, field tests, and ensuring customer business reviews are completed periodically
- Work with existing customers to seek new applications with existing products
- Provide the required service, call reports in a neat, timely and orderly manner
- Develop a sales pyramid, complete a customer profile on persons affecting the sales function at a specific client
- Perform any other duties required by your designated departmental manager.
- Provide sales support to TSC under your supervision.
3.A Project facilitator
- Coordinate all functions between the customer and HO resources required to implement the solution, i.e. Services, Technical, Contract and Operations divisions.
3.B Marketing functions
- Responsible for conducting seminars for customers in order to promote the sale of Veolia Water Solutions products and services.
- Provide the Regional Services Manager with potential opportunities in the market as dictated by future customer needs.
- Provide the Regional Services Manager information on the competitive markets, i.e. prices, activities, service, and market offerings.
3.C Proposals Functions
- Assume ownership and, in conjunction with the Services Division develops key success factors for proposals as per current proposal templates approved by the Regional Services Manager.
- Co-ordinate the preparation of Proposals, including all commercial inputs
- Assume focal point in all negotiations with the customer where possible
3.D Team Activities
- Accompany other Veolia Water Solutions & Technology employees on customer sales and service calls.
- Assist Veolia Water Solutions & Technology employees in establishing realistic sales goals and developing more efficient methods and presentations. Provides follow-up training reports, as required.
- Function as part of a Team. Participate actively in meetings with the main objective of improving the Company’s effectiveness, service and profitability by maintaining the highest possible quality standards.
- Ensure total confidentiality of all information, internal and external, pertaining to the business of Veolia Water Solutions & Technology (Pty) Ltd., all its Employees and Management.
3.E SHEQ / HR
- Quality - Supports and is committed to Veolia Water Solutions & Technology Quality Improvement Process. Plans strategies to ensure error-free work by "doing it right the first time" and conveys this attitude in the daily performance of various duties.
- S.H.E – Support Veolia Water Solutions & Technologies commitment to continually improve our health, safety and environmental performance. Perform all duties to the latest ISO 9001 requirements.
- Maintain DISCIPLINE IN THE ORGANISATION TO LEGAL REQUIREMENTS – Employment
Equity Act, Skills Development Act, Labour Relations Act and Basic Conditions of Employment Act
- Maintain Safety Standards and housekeeping principals and due care of all equipment / assets under your control/care.
CRITICAL CROSS-FIELD OUTCOMES
- Perform all necessary computer functions.
- Function as part of a team.
- Manage teams of people at work, where required
- Communicate with clients in a professional manner.
- Establish and nurture long-term client relationships.
- Maintain and consistently improve customer satisfaction.
REQUIRED COMPETENCE AND/OR QUALIFICATIONS
- BSc or BTech Process or Mechanical Engineering Qualification
- Water treatment experience. preferably experience with RO applications .
- Market-related (Food and Beverage, Pharmaceutical or Industrial) experience for this market field.
- Knowledge of / an understanding of Industrial waste water treatment & pre-treatment
- Knowledge of water chemistry.
- Minimum of 2 years sales and/or marketing experience within the water industry.
- Have good communication and organisational skills.
- Must possess ability to manage and develop business activity, both within the sales and customer environment.
- Possesses sound understanding of fundamental contractual issues, with business and commercial skills
- Effective verbal and written proposals communication skills, with computer literacy specific to MS Office, Excel, Word and Power Point
- Persuasive, confident and assertive
- Self-reliant and persistent
You will be required to perform your duties at the Paarl office of Veolia Water Solutions and Technologies (Pty) Ltd, and their clients.